Sunday, April 18, 2010

Today is Sunday and what a spiritual feeding we received in Relief Society.
The lesson was on prayer.How thankful I am for prayer.My youngest daughter and I prayed and fasted for my father. We love him so much.
He had his procedure for cancer on Thursday and went home Friday, and was up working on the farm on Saturday.
Oh my goodness does nothing slow him down?
That was my blessing to count for this entry.
These pic's of prayer I added because I like them.


I love the fact that George Washington even knelt in prayer.







This painting is called "The Angelus" and was painted by Jean Francois Millet.
I don't know if there's any relation but I love this painting anyway.
I love the fact that they take time out of their work to pray.
In our Sunday School lesson the teacher brought up the fact of traditions. The lesson was about the Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt and the reason they wandered for forty years was so that god could teach the young children his ways and get the traditions of the parents out of the new seed, teaching them to rely and have faith in god.
That is why we have been taught in our generation to have Family prayer,Scripture Study and Family Home Evening.
Prayer was such a major cornerstone in the past, it is sad so see Satan succeeding so well at removing from our society.
We need to work much harder to stop him.
Well that is it for now, it took me almost all day to get this done ,but that's o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment